Monday, July 28, 2008

Building for the future!

This past Sunday, my home church had me do the service. I for one Sunday was the preacher. I really enjoyed my experience. I had lots of friends and family there supporting me. If you would like to listen to my sermon you can find it on the web at http://www.fpcgraham.com/Podcasts/07-27-08.mp3 

Life has been at a little slower pace. I have been going out to the ranch in most of my free time. Working feeding the cattle, and doing some chores for my grandparents. It has been good to see them, and get to spend some time with them. 

I have also been spending some time with my old friends. I have been hunting, fishing, and visiting about old times. It has been good getting recall all the old memories. 

I talked to one of my old youth group members today. It was good to talk to them. I learned that they had broken their arm, and didn't seem to let it bother them to much. This was the first time that I have really talked to anyone from my old youth group since I have moved. It is starting to sink in that I am really gone and I am no long there with them. 

As I get closer to moving I am getting evermore excited. I am ready to get to ATL so I can get settled in. A church there has talked to me a few times and is interested in hiring me to work with their youth. I am really interested in finding out more details about this church, and will keep you posted on any news regarding this issue. 

I have begun to miss lost of people! Ones I met this year at Mo and ones I have know for a really long time. It is hard to believe that I am going to be so far away from everyone. I am really afraid I will not be able to go to any of the Mo conferences next year. I cannot believe that I have been to Mo every summer since sixth grade. That is 10 years straight. 

The place I have seen God lately is in the stars! Here in Graham you can see so many! Sitting on the front porch talking with my dad I have seen so many shooting stars. Also while talking with my dad, he has finally been comfortable enough to open up and talk about his beliefs. This is truly a God moment as he has never really talked about these things before. 

Tonight I leave you with this passage from Psalm 139

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thought from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down' you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 

No comments: