Monday, June 8, 2009

The Busyness Continues

Two weddings down one to go! After being in two weddings in one week I am down to one! This past weekend was the bachelor party, and man what a crazy time. We went out in downtown Fort Worth to Fox in Hound and Pete's Piano Bar. A good time was had by all. 

On Sunday I flew back to Charleston to spend a few days with Sydne before going back to Atlanta for our in town mission trip. Monday is normally Sydne's day off but she got called in to deliver communion to shut ins. Her being at work has given me some free time. So I thought I would go to a place Sydne talked about in her blog. She had mentioned a coffee shop that she loves going to. The place is called Kronic, and man oh man to tell you the truth if you are ever on the way to Folly Beach you should check it out. We came early this morning for coffee and a bag and it was great. So good that after dropping her off at church I came back and have been here for a few hours. They have killer sandwiches and great coffee. This place gets a thumbs up from me! 

This week in Atlanta I am leading a mission trip. This is my last duty at Eastminster. I am excited about this mission trip, but also sad that I will no longer be working. I think I will take a break for a few months from working, but will soon have to return to working as funds run low. Please pray for me as rent will be going up and I will not have an income to help reduce pressures of finances. 

After the mission trip the packing up for moving beings. I am ready and excited for my new place, but not about the moving part. As soon as this week is over it is back to Texas for the third weekend. My two best friends from college Travis and Nicole will be getting married on June 20th. These two have been dating for 4 1/2 years. This is going to be an exciting time for everyone as these two being their journey together as a married couple! 

This evening I will be going to the beach with Sydne one last time before I leave and this is where I expect to see God. In all the sounds of the beach: the waves coming in, the birds, and all the other vacationers! I cannot wait until this relaxing time. The beach is a place to relax and recharge the soul. One can truly lose themselves at the beach. It is a place to kick back and and ruin oneself for the craziness that is life. My hope and prayer is that after the beach I will be ready to face on the rest of this summer busyness I have in my life! 





No comments: