Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer and Catch up

Well Sydne has inspired me! She started a blog so I figure I should start mine up again back. Lets see... where to start? Well lets begin here... The semester took off with a whirl wind and man oh man it is now already summer break (the month I have of it before greek). 

I really enjoyed my classes and have begun to get into the grove of things at seminary. I experienced a lot this past semester. To much to catch up all at this time, but I will try to cover the highlights. First of all I will be moving into the brand new residence hall in a few weeks. This is good news because I was living in the oldest dorm on campus with no kitchen. While being good news I do have to deal with moving right before I start Greek School (8 weeks 5 days a week). So not the best time to move. 

Secondly since my last post I have stepped down from my position at Eastminster Presbyterian Church. After many nights of prayer and discernment I came to the realization that resigning was the best solution. June 15th is my last official day and I am ready to move on. 

Third I have been a traveling man! After the semester ended I have been to Charleston SC (that is were Sydne is for the summer and for a wedding) Graham, Tx, Lubbock, TX (for cpm more to follow on the mess this was) and McAllen, TX for the second wedding in one week. Then it was off to Mathis, TX to see family. Then back to Graham, and then Fort Worth for a bachelor party. Then back to Charleston, Atlanta, and then more Texas for another wedding. Most of the traveling is because of the three weddings I am in this summer! The first two weddings have been great. I was communion server in the first and an usher in the second. Since seminary I have been catching myself watching and listening to different things in church that normally I wouldn't notice. I am beginning to see things or here things I want to do different or don't completely agree with. While I have enjoyed learning what I like and think is important to me and I will work on when I am in a church, I do miss being able to go to church and just worship. 

Finally back to the cpm mess. Early this year I was told to answer and submit my paper work for candidacy. So of course I waited until the last minute and got everything turned in on time. The time comes for me to go to Lubbock for the meeting. Larry my liaison and I take off. We stay at a very nice hotel and eat great steaks for dinner. All signs are leading to a great successful adventure. By the way thank God for Liaisons like Larry because he footed all the bills! Anyway that morning Larry and I get to the meeting plenty early so we won't be late. Upon arrival Larry and I are pulled aside and told that this meeting will not be for Candidacy. This comes as a shock and from no where. This meeting went from candidacy to annual consult. This was pretty frustrating and I have tired to find a reason why I was not examined. 

This week was my grand dad's 88th birthday. We went out to Foy's Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate. Being with my grandparents is something I really enjoy, and it was at this dinner that I saw God. My grand dad and Jacque (who is my grand mother but since we were little we have always called her by her name) had an amazing glow at dinner. Both have had recent issues with health, and to be able to seem this glow in them last night is defiantly a God moment. I know they will not be here forever but to have memories like this and to be able to reflect on them will always be a treasure I will keep. 

No comments: